Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Houston car accident lawyer can help if you have been injured in a car wreck. Contact an experienced Houston car accident attorney. Professional Personal Injury Lawyer Offering Services in Houston. If you weren't hurt in the accident, or have minor injuries, a lawyer might not be necessary. Especially if you are able to handle the matters yourself with your car insurance company. However, it all depends on your particular situation, so it might be worthwhile to contact a lawyer to ask any questions.
The roads in Houston, Texas can be described as busy roads.
It is important to drive safely during harsh weather conditions. This includes following traffic laws and not speeding or tailgating a driver, avoiding the fast lane, and keeping your eyes moving for possible distractions at all times.
What should you do right after a car accident?
There are several steps to take after a car accident to protect yourself and Texas has laws surrounding this. Let’s take a look at step by step instructions on what to do after a car accident.
- Ensure that you’re okay and anyone in the vehicle with you are okay. Also check on anyone else involved in the wreck to see if they’re okay. Then, if you’re able, move as far away from oncoming traffic as quickly as you can. The accident site itself will increase the odds of another accident. Keep yourself safe.
- Call 911 if there seems to be an emergency situation. If you still have your cell phone on you, call 911. If you don’t have a cell phone, see if anyone else has one. If you’re near other buildings where people are, ask them to call 911. Find a way to call 911.
- If there isn’t a direct emergency after the accident, call the local police department to report the accident.
- Once the police arrive, and they see the need for you to sign a traffic citation, you should sign it. This does not mean that you’re guilty of anything.
- Always get the police officers’ names and division. This is important information that you’ll have to add to your personal file for documentation purposes.
- Always get the contact information from the other drivers that were involved in the accident. We even advise you to get the contact information for the other passengers if they’re adults.
- Check for any witnesses on the scene that can vouch for your support. You will also want their contact information in case you may need them for further clarification during the accident case.
- If you have a camera or cell phone, remember to take photos of any damage to all the vehicles that are involved in the car accident. You’ll also want to capture photos of the area so that the weather conditions and road conditions are clearly visible. Traffic signs are another important thing to capture in your photos.
- Request a copy of the police car accident report. Sometimes it will be available on the scene. If not, you can get a copy of the report from the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Once you get a copy of the police accident report, learn how to read it so that you may know what type of information it has. It’s really important to be schooled on your situation and how it has been recorded.
- If you have any injuries, immediately seek medical attention from the nearest hospital or physician. Even if you think that you don’t have any injuries, it’s still very wise to get checked out by a doctor.
- Get a medical record from your physician on your injuries.
- You need to contact your insurance company to report the car accident. The insurance company may ask for a recorded statement about the accident. However, you’re not required to provide this immediately and can consult with your attorney before complying with the request.
Keep in mind that it’s absolutely crucial to stick to the facts and be truthful when sharing your account of the accident. However, always be very cautious when sharing your story with the insurance companies. They are trained to search for loopholes in your story so that they may find any viable reason to deny your claim. The last thing you need to do is say something to them that will compromise your legal rights.
- Have a Specific Settlement Amount in Mind. ...
- Do Not Jump at a First Offer. ...
- Get the Adjuster to Justify a Low Offer. ...
- Emphasize Emotional Points in Your Favor. ...
- Wait for a Response. ...
- Know When To Engage an Attorney. ...
- Put the Settlement in Writing.
If you can't afford a lawyer, a public defender will usually be appointed to you. However, it is in your best interest to retain a lawyer — and a good one, if possible. You don't want to end up in jail long-term, and hiring a lawyer might also help you avoid paying a serious fine.
How can a Houston car accident attorney help me?A qualified lawyer can help you fight the insurance companies. If you try to do it on your own, it will usually spell disaster. Insurance companies earn their money by ensuring that you receive as little as possible from the car accident. If you sustained serious injuries from the accident, you absolutely cannot rely on the insurance company to honor you. It’s crucial for you to reach out to a car accident lawyer so that you may have the proper guidance in dealing with the insurance company and all other parties involved.
A car accident lawyer can also help you lower your medical bills. An average emergency room visit can cost in upwards of $20,000 and hospital stays and surgeries can cost several thousand dollars. Even physical therapy can be expensive!
Contact a Houston Auto Accident Attorney
Whether the collision was large or small, it is possible an individual suffered from an injury. Contact a Houston auto accident attorney, Sue E. West, today. You deserve compensation for your injury, pain, and suffering because of a negligent driver. for customized and sensitive legal advice, contact the West Law Office to make sure you receive the attention you need for your injuries.